Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Life of Pi and other things

So I see he beat me to the first real post. :/  Of course, you know he did that on a night that the baby and I were out of the house. (Lucky dog had a night to himself!)

Anyway, I am currently in the middle of 3, yes 3, books on my list, Anna Karenina (Audio book in the car), Life of Pi (around the house) and The Lord of the Rings:The Two Towers (reading on my breaks at work).  

Between the three, I am most enjoying Life of Pi, the story of a young man who was a passenger on a cargo ship with his family and several of their former zoo animals when it sinks, leaving Pi alone with a tiger, zebra, orangutan, and hyena in a small lifeboat. His struggle to stay alive and keep the tiger alive as well has proven to be a wonderful work of fiction that is keeping me up way past my bedtime.  

I think the rascal is going to beat me to finishing another book, he is within a few pages of finishing The Known World, maybe it is time to distract him with the baby again.  :)

Happy reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment