Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Rules of the Game


For those of you who care, Don has been reading books from the Pulitzer Prize winning list for a few years now, and I have been reading books from a list I found at www.thebest100lists.com and we recently decided to make it into a game.  I think he has the unfair advantage of having a shorter list. (P.S. if you go to the site and see the list of novels, I know it is not the same list I have here, I am working off of one of the old ones.  When I finish this, then I will go back and read the new ones that have been added.)

I have the sneaking suspicion that this is some kind of "marital bliss" thing that one of her friends came up with. Possibly something she found on Pinterest. Have you noticed yet? Chicks are drawn to it like it was Fun Dip in a Kindergarten class.

Emily will always post in one font.

Don hates this font. HE wanted the one she grabbed. dammit. Shouldn't have got up for that beer.

I'm sorry.  I thought you would have picked Verdana.  That is what I envisioned when I picked this one.  Boo Hoo to you!

"Verdana" sounds like something you catch from a dirty French prostitute. "Verdana" can kiss my lilly white ass.

I want this to be a family friendly blog, please watch your language buster!!!!

Oh. Oops. "ass" how's that?

Slightly better.

Can we get on to the reason we are starting this blog?  Would you like to explain to our family and friends, or will you have too hard of a time keeping your emotions under control?

Huh. Huh-huh "hard" time... Huh. huh-huh. You said "hard."

I have created a monster.  I think it is time for Beavis to go to bed.

Yea. Ok. So, while she's off in the other room, here's the arrangement: I'm not supposed to erase anything she writes, and she can't erase anything I write (she's so hosed!) Yea, I'm reading off the Pulitzer prize list, (what about it, punk?) but she's got an edge because although my list is shorter, hers comprises titles that were published more recently. That means I get a good dose of more obscure titles that, while they did win the prize, pretty much no one has heard of recently. And no, James Patterson ain't on my list. My ace in the hole, though? "Ulysses." It's on her list, but not mine. ;)

Yeah, Ulysses.  Mine's not all fun and games over here mister!

Wah. I'm gonna win. 

We'll see about that...

Typical. Gotta get that last word in, don't you?

Yep.








No comments:

Post a Comment